Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Brazil: Week 24 - Where's Noah when you need him?

Well, to start this week our with a bang.... OUR SHOWER BROKE!! woohoo!! Cold showers for a week! I think some of you are thinking that this is not a bad thing because Brasil is hot, but you forget that I am in POÇOS DE CALDAS during the WINTER! It is SO cold here and taking cold showers was not very fun. But, we got it fixed yesterday! YES! Never been so excited to take a shower :) ha
Speaking about water.... our fridge decided to pee all of the kitchen floor! We came home at night and had about a 2 inch flood in our kitchen. That was fun! haha our District leader joked and said we should build an arc. ha. where is Noah when you need him?
The other day I was contacting this lady and she was like, "I dont have time for your visits but I know exactly who would love to see you! Let me take you there!" Woohoo! She walked us to this house and come to find out the lady that lived there WAS really excited to see us because she is a member! But has been inactive for about 8 years! Her brother died a week earlier adn she was really comforted to see us and our lesson. It was a really cool experience. I have no clue how we have never met her!
We have been finding a lot of new people to teach this week. We had a really cool lesson with this one lady that was like, I have visited almost every church but I just feel like something is missing. We were like, WE CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!!!! It was really cool to see that there are people ready and looking for the truth, but they dont know where to find it.This is one of the things that motivates me everyday. There are people waiting for me and I need to work my hardest to find these people!
I was reading Doctrine and Covenants 101 this past week and it talks about the watchman in the tower. I have been thinking about this a lot this week. Thomas S. Monson, our prophet, is the watchman in the tower because he recieves revelation for the whole world but think about all the people that he needs to get this information to....the whole world! There are BILLIONS of people that do not know that we have a living prophet today. We, as missionaries , need to help spread the gospel so that everyone has an opportunity to hear it and hear the watchman in the tower. But, missionaries cant do it alone either. We need the help of members. its amazing that you can have missionaries in an area for years and years but yet we ALWAYS have people to teach that have NEVER heard the gospel. Lots of your friends probably have not heard about the gospel, this is one of the reasons why giving references to missionaries is so important. We need help finding these people. And, its amazing that most of the references we have gotten here people are like "I dont think they will ever listen to you" and these people turn out to be searching for the truth and are ready to hear the gospel! So, it doesnt matter if you dont think they are reading, just share the gospel!
I love you and hope you have a great week!!!! 
Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment