Sunday, October 5, 2014

Brasil: Week 25 - Monkey's gone wild

MONKEYS
So, the coolest thing happened today as we were walking to the Lanhouse. Well, we wanted to go to an art gallery today because Sister Davis studied art in college and I love art.  Well, we saw this small art gallery and decided to go there. We were talking to the lady that works there and after we talked about art she asked us what we do and we explained that we are missionaries yada yada yada. And she got so excited! She was like you NEED to come visit me! (ofcourse!) Then she was like, “you will not believe this,. This morning I asked my mom to pray for angels to visit me today. And you two are the first people that came into the art gallery and I know that you are the angels that God sent me.” Wow. God really does answers prayers! 
Yesterday, we had a big surprise! One of the less active members that we started teaching 2 weeks ago came to church! She hasnt been to church in about 8years! Oh my goodness! I was so háppy! We left her a note last night in her mail box and she said that she found it this morning and loved it and decided to come to church! HALLELUIA!
I know that some of you a while back asked if I had seen monkeys yet. Well, today is the day! Because last week we went and saw monkeys (There is this place that is really foresty where they live) and it was the coolest thing ever! There were BILLIONS of monkeys! Good thing we brought billions of bananas! It was really cool! We had fun playing with monkeys and taking a lot of pictures and videos. Talking about videos, I was taking of video of Sister Davis and this other monkey attacked me!!!!! (I had the camera and a banana in my hands) well, this monkey saw the banana and jumped at me! It scared me so bad to have this monkey jump practically at my face!  Good thing we have is all on tape! Hahaha 
We had interviews with our president this week. And, one of the things he said was really cool. He opened John 15:14 and explained that when we do the will of God and keep his commandments we are his friends. Then we read Mosiah 3:19 which talks about the natural man is an enemy to God. When we dont keep the commandments and go against God we are literally an enemy to God. Think about that. 
P.S. We had a goal this week to contact someone on a bike. After the third time this guy actually stopped and talked to us! It was really funny! I felt really successful 

P.S. 
We have a baptism this week! I will tell you about it next  Monday!


Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment