Monday, August 4, 2014

Brazil: Week 19 - Public Transportation

Okay, lets talk about public transportation for a second. Here in Brasil almost everyone uses onibus, the public bus system. I have seen people take crazy things on the buses, a baby still in the stroller, a flat screen, huge luggages (Okay, that was me.....) and a TREE! Yes, someone brought a TREE on the bus! Not a little sproutling but a tree as big as me! I litterally could not stop laughing! Only in Brasil :)   

I have learned a good lesson this transfer. ALWAYS ask people if they know how to read. About half of our investigators cant read or have a very low reading level (And, i was wondering why they had such a problem reading the chapters we left! Its because they litterally CANT!) One of our investigators, P. has a very low reading level and also has epilepsy with other health problems. Well, lately she has been having about 3 seizures A DAY! A couple weeks ago when we were meeting with her I had the impressions to promise her that if she read the Book of Mormon she would not have anymore seizures. Well, she hadnt been reading, but last night we went and saw her and she told us that she read a little this week and hasnt had a seizure for the past two days. That my friend, is a miracle. 

Our mission president has a new rule that we have to hold a Book of Mormon in our hands at all times and besides the fact that I have almost dropped it a couple times and have left it in the most unusual places, it is seriously the best rule ever! No one has commented....yet... about the Book of Mormon as we walk by but it makes a difference of how I feel. I know it sounds weird but when you are holding the Word of God in your hands as you are preaching His gospel you feel different. You feel a sense of urgency and power in the work. 

This week I have been trying really hard to listen to the whisperings of the spirit at ALL times and in ALL places. And, its amazing the tiny miracles that happen throughout the day when you are SO fucused on the spirit. We have been able to find people that are ready to hear this gospel. We have been able to find less active members that arent even on our ward list. And many more things. It is truly amazing. I am so blessed to be on a mission. I am so blessed to have the spirit in my life as a constant companion. I have seriously never been so happy in my ENTIRE LIFE. I didnt know that could be possible, but it is. The other day we were talking to this lady and she totally rejected us but she couldnt help but smile and thank me for being the happiest person she has met. That really made my day. I hope that one day everyone will have the chance to experience the joy I feel everyday from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I love you and hope you have a most blessed week!

P.S Did you know that the moon is diffrent here (because we are "upside down" or in the southern hemisphere) the moon looks like the chessire cat´s smile and the moon isn´t split top to bottom but actual side to side. SO COOL!

Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment