Monday, August 4, 2014

Brazil: Week 9 - Happy Easter and Dengue day...

Well, sadly, my companion has dengue. Dont as me what it is because all I know is that everyone and their dog has it here in Jau. She is super sick and has to stay in bed all day. Tadinha. (Dont worry, we are benig well taken care of). All ive got to say, is I have way too much time on my has because we have had to stay inside since last Wednesday.... So far I have read all of True to the Faith and I am almost finished with the all of the Doctrine and Covenants and the Book of Mormon. I have also watched all of the "District" and "Finding Faith in Christ" in English, French, Portuguese,  and some weird language that I thought was funny to listen too. 

Well, before all of this happened, we went to Barra Bonita with a recent convert last P-day and on Tuesday we had Multizona (CIVILIZATION!!!!!!!) Multizona is a huge conference in Piracicaba with 2 or more zones. And since Jau is soooooooooooooooooooo far away from EVERYTHING, it was so good to remember that there are actually other missionaries :) ha Our president talked a lot about how we can make our mission better by being better missionaires and representatives of Jesus Christ. Afterwards everyone was pumped to work even harder to bring this gospel to everyone!

Ive had some time to ponder these last couple days on my purpose as a missionary. Which is, to INVITE OTHER TO COME UNTO CHRIST BY HELPING THEM  RECEIVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. When Christ was on the earth, He established His church, with 12 apostles, priesthood (the authority and power of God), ordinances like baptism by immersion, sacrament etc. When Jesus Christ and his apostles were killed the priesthood was no longer on the earth and teh doctrines and ordinances were corrupted. But, through Joseph Smith the fulness of the gospel has been restored! We have the same church that Christ established on the earth today! I know this is true. I know that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it with all my heart. this is why I paid to leave my family, friends, school adn other opportunities to come to Brazil, not knowing anyone or the language to share the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone. This is why over 83,000 youth of this church have done the same thing. To invited EVERYONE to come unto Christ. 

I love my Savior, Lord and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for all he has done for me and all of you. 18 months is just a small portion of my time that I can give back to Him. 

Have a wonderful week adn I hope you had a wonderful Easter :)

Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment