Monday, October 20, 2014

Brasil: Week 33 - Quero Beijos!! jaja

Well, I had my first Beijo on the mission! That is a big landmark event for me! Hahaha Dont worry people. I am not talking about beijos as kisses but as the icecream. Sao Carlos has a famous icecream factory called Beijos. And, the icecream is DELICIOUS!!!! And REALLY CHEAP! So, its perfect for missionaries! 

Sao Carlos is really flat. I am actually a little sad that it doesnt have huge hills and mountains. I miss hiking everyday. But, my body is definitly happy that this area is flat. The members here are used to having Elders in the ward so they give us SOOOO much food! My first lunch here the member saw that we ate everything on our plate then put MORE!!!! I felt so sick... but I did eat it all!! (they get really offended if you dont eat everything...) The funniest thing of it all was the face of my companion. Priceless. I wish I had my camera!

Talking about my companion. She looks like Dora. Seriously. I need to take a picture and send it because its unreal!! :) haha She is from the Amazon :)

I gave my first talk in Portuguese on Sunday! It actually went really well! It was a nice "hi I am the new sister in your ward". Everyone afterwards told me that they were surprised that I was an American because I dont have an accent!!! SCORE!!! I think I pick up the accent of my companions and now that I actually have a Brazilian companion I have a Brazilian accent! But, my brazilian accent doesnt help when I still look really american..... We went to contact this reference we got and this old lady answered the door and looked at me and said, Where are you from? I responded the united states. Well, I dont think she like that answer because she slammed the door..... Next time I will say I am from Argentina. Ha

I have been thinking a lot about my purpose as a missionary and the more that I study it, I come to realize that basically its our purpose as members! To invite others to come unto Christ. I would like to ask you, when was the last time you invited someone to come unto Christ? Maybe by your example, words that you said, Invited them to church. Maybe we can try a little harder to be a little better :)

Have a wonderful Week!

Sister Keeler

My sister is so BEAUTIFUL!!!:D 11 months today folks, only 7 more to go! Time flies!







No comments:

Post a Comment