Monday, October 6, 2014

Brasil: Week 32 - GENERAL CONFERENCE!!

Our ward put up General Conference in ENGLISH!!!! YEA!!!!!!! They had a TV in a separate room with Conference in English and there were actually about 5 other members in there with us 4 American sisters because they speak English! Well, Not that I would have loved to watch it in Portuguese, but I got A LOT more out of it watching in my native tongue. I did though, watch Elder Godoys talk in Portuguese! That was powerful! (Did anyone notice that he said he is from Americana? That was my first area here in Brazil!!! He wasnt in my ward though....) But, it was really cool to have some of the Seventy speak in their native tongue. I really wanted President Uchtdorf to speak in German! How cool would that be!!! But, I LOVED general Conference! It answered ALL of my questions and things that I was worried about and now "I am ready to go!" I absolutely LOVED Elder Bednars talk and Elder Jorg Klebingat!

I would love to hear about your thoughts on General Conference!!! And, if you havent watched all of the sessions, GO WATCH!!!

We had a really great lesson with H. this week. Wow. She went to General Conference and LOVED IT! And, she was talking about how her friends have noticed that she has changed over the past couple of weeks. We talked about the word of Wisdom and she said that she used to have a  problem with drinking but after we started visiting her she doesnt even have the desire to drink. That was like the best moment of my life! That my friends, is true conversion. It is the bestest thing in the world to see people change their lives and come unto Christ! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!

We had another really cool moment. I had the thoughts to go visit this one investigator (usually we visit the whole family) but it was only her in casa. I asked her why she has gone to church for so long and has never been baptized and what is holding her back. She was like, actually I want to get baptized soon, I have prayed and I know that this church is true. Its all true. And, I know it. At that moment I think I heard angels singing! Actually..... maybe it was me singing. hahaha

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Sister Keeler

* E-mail me your thoughts on Conference! I would love to hear them! 
         aubrey.keeler@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment