Monday, October 6, 2014

Brasil: Week 30 - just call me Sister Keeler Plumber extrodinaire :)

So, this week I have been battling a cold. (Its probably from walking in the rain so much) Well, as we were walking I REALLY needed to blow my nose and I did not have any tissues (Actually, I have yet to see a real tissue here in brazil.....) So, I thought I was all smart using my resources but using this leaf of a tree.... Well, all I have to say is, choose your nose blowing leaves carefully because it totally burned my nose and gave me a rash :) hahahah  I couldnt stop laughing (and crying a bit because it burned SO bad) because things like this would only happen to me!

As I mentioned earlier, it rained a lot this week! And, yes, we continue to work through the rain. Crazy, I know! NO ONE was in the streets! Not even the Saturday JW! As we were walking through the waterpark of Poços de Caldas I looked over at my companion Sister Davis and was like, we are crazy! It is pouring cats and dogs and we are walking in it to go to our appointment. If this isnt a testimony that I know without a shadow of a doubt that this church is true, I dont know what is. I will do ANYTHING to reach those people that dont have the gospel because I know that this church is true. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth again and that is why I am here in Brasil. To preach about the truths that I hold dear to every living creature :) 

We had a lesson with one of our investigators about the love God has for us and during the lesson this idea came to my mind to put your name in the scripture John 3:16-17

"For God so loved (insert your name here), that He gave His only Begotten son, that if (she/he) believeht in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn (insert your name here); but that (insert name) through Him might be saved."

It was really amazing. As she was reading and put her name in the scripture I could really feel the great and eternal love of God. It really makes the atonement feel more real and personal. TRY IT!:)

P.S. We have the coolest investigators: A concert Organist (that LOVES motab), A sister of a famous painter that has an piece of artword in the LOUVRE!, and a famous basketball player (okay, he is actually a member... hahah) 

P.P.S.S. our sink was clogged and I unclogged it with a broom! dont ask questions just call me Sister Keeler Plumber extrodinaire :)

P.S.S our ward here does the coolest thing! Every 3 months they have a potluck after church and everyone eats lunch together in the church then they pick a partner and go visit the people that havent been coming to church! It is like the most genius idea!! 

Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment