Monday, January 26, 2015

Brasil: Week 48 - Morfmons

As I was on my divisions in Leme this week this guy stopped us in the road and was like "Hey, are you guys Morfmons}" ahahhahahhahahhahahahh i couldnt stop laughing! I was like, "You mean "mormons"}

So, other than the divisions this week has been really hard with a lot of let downs. We had an investigator that was progredindo really well and we went to go pick her up to go to church and she
came out all ready for church but says she wasnt going. She was like, "I read the Book of Mormon and I prayed but I dont think I should go to church because I will start working on sunday next week. Sorry" That hurt a bit. actually a lot. 

The other day I read the story of David and Goliath and there is a part of the story that I never really noticed. (1 Samuel 17) When David goes to kill Goliath, Goliath starts making fun of him and his beliefs and "cursing David by his gods." Then David says the coolest thing back to him, (Verses 45-46) Take that Goliath! I love this story because it shows how much courage David had and also how much he trusted in the Lord. He knew that it was something really impossible but he know that the Lord was on his side and would not fail him. And, he also shared his testimony before killing Goliath. What a nice guy! 

Remember to be like David and not be afraid to stand up for what you believe and also doing hard things. I hope you have a courageous week! 

Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment