Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Brasil: week 45 - ONE YEAR! :O

Its 2015! WOOOHOOOO!!!!! I have been seriously been waiting for this year since I was a little tot watching Back to the Future. So sad that there arent any flying cars......well in Brasil at least. Maybe they have some in the U.S.! (Its been a long time since I have been there!)

Because it was New Years week NO ONE was home or in the streets basically all week long. It was REALLY weird because Sao Carlos is a thriving city but on New Years day there were only 5 people in the centro (Yes, we counted). New Years night we watched fireworks from our house (They went off ALL DAY LONG!!) And it was so cool! It was like stadium of Fire but Brazil style!! It was amazing!!!! Our neighbors even sent off fireworks that exploded right above us!! It was so cool! I took a video so you guys can see when I get home.

I think the funniest thing that happened this week was we taught this really old lady that had some hearing problems. She was really sweet. So we would talk extremely loud so she could hear us and it was hard to tell if she understood because she would sometimes commment but sometimes, like when we asked her to pray she  nods her head and says "yes". We waited.... and she was like, "wait, you want me to do What!!!" hahaha I couldnt stop laughing. I love old ladies!!!

So, really nothing happened this week because it was really slow. Sorry. We have transfers today and Sister Serre adn I are staying together!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!! PARTY TIME!!! I have officially had american companions for more than half of my mission! Wow.!


I love you all and I hope you had a great New Years! Make goals and start over this year!

P.S. January First I made 1 year in the mission feild. Wow. Time really does fly!

Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment