Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Brasil: week 44 - "Be the missionary your family thinks you are!"

Okay, well, its probably not going to snow here but it is raining like crazy! ALMOST snow :) hahaha

So, lets start with the odd things of Brasil. Did you know that there are such things as Biting moths and carniverous ants! Yup. I didnt know either until this week. On our exchange with one of the companionships, this HUGE moths came into the room. It was the size of a soccerball! Not even kidding you! Everyone was freaking out because those big moths BITE!!! Then one day as we were coming home me and my companion got bit by flesh eating ants! Well, just my companion did because I felt something on my foot and just ran but she got bit and just stayed still. She has a huge gauge in her foot from that ant.

We had our Christmas Mission conference and it was really good. One thing that was said that I really liked was, "Be the missionary that your family thinks you are." That is my new goal. To be the obedient, hard working, happy missionary that my family thinks I am.

After the mission conference we raced home and had a baptism of Doutor Minuetti! And, yes, he is a doctor! How many people can say they baptized a doctor on their mission}} okay... maybe a lot. But its still really cool. He was SO happy! And he invited a ton of his other doctor friends! It was really spiritual baptism.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year! Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. I LOVE serving a mission. I LOVE sharing the gospel every day to everyone around me. This has seriously been the best decision I have ever made in my life. I havent noticed that big of a change in myself but I have noticed a change in the relationship with my Father in Heaven.

P.S. Shout out to my mom who sent my Christmas packages ON TIME! And they actually got here BEFORE christmas!!!! She gets a big congratulations for that!

P.S. I realized this week that in about 4 months I will be considered an "RM"......WHAT!

P.S. I saw a sign in someones house the other day that I loved "Eu nao sou donna do Mundo. Eu sou filha dele"

Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment