Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Brasil: week 46 - Fill life with good things and start anew

Well, this week was definitely the weirdest, oddest, most different week of my whole mission. I will definitely NEVER forget this week. Here are listed the reasons why......

#1. Someone called me tan! Yup! You heard that right, TAN!! And guess what! THEY WERENT JOKING!!! NO MORE WHITE JOKES!!! YESSSSSSSS! Watch out world! Sister Keeler is starting to look Brazilian!

#2. It hailed on Saturday! It was a SUPER hot day then it started to rain like crazy (Not weird here in Brasil during the summer) then it started HAILING!!!! (really weird...) They call it "rock rain" here :)

#3. Our house flooded! .... Like a  lot! The water thingy overflowed and water was coming out of EVERYWHERE!!!!! The windows, the walls, the outlets, the lights! It was litterally rainining inside of our house!!!! Dont worry. Someone came to fix it and we cleaned up all the water.

#4. We went to this ladies house that is litterally a zoo! It was SOOOOO cool! She has 2 ducks, a chicken, rooster, hamster, guinea pig, rabbit, 5 birds, and a turlte that roam freely in the house. It was a really distracting lesson. :)

#5. Lillian, our investigator that has been going to church since the first time we met her decided to get baptized this friday!!!!!!!! This Friday will be the one year anniversary of her daughter dying. So, she wants to fill it with good things and a new start. What a great idea!

#6. I found that my investigator Monique died. It really threw me off this week. I loved visiting her. She was really special and really different than your normal person. The thing that made me really sad is that she never got baptized or ever went to churhc. It made me think a lot. Like, did I really help her the best I could? What more could I have done? I have been thinking a lot about Mosiah 28:3 that says

Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.

I really have this desire. It made me tremble just thinking that she didnt get baptized here on earth. But, I really hope (And I think she has) fully accepted the gospel in the spirit world.
It has made my purpose as a missionary deeper. I am here to help everyone not with just to find happiness but also for salvation. Its a big task and I know I am an imperfect person and very unqualified but I know that God qualifies the unqualified and can make my weaknesses strengths.

I hope you have a wonderful week and remember who you are and what you stand for!

Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment