Monday, February 2, 2015

Brasil: Week 49 - The mission

If anyone tells you that the mission is easy they are either lying or didnt do it right. Yesterday was a hard day. And, I will tell you why. 

Too many desserts.

I will tell you a little about the south American culture. They are SUPER nice and when they give you food you need to eat it ALL or they think you didnt like it. 

After lunch we had icecream. Great! I love icecream! Went to our first appointment and had icecream, cake AND a doce (that I dont know how to explain in english.....its like almost a granola bar with sweet and condensed milk). We went to another appointment and they gave us icecream and jello! I thought I was going to explode! I am so glad that no one else offered us food! So much for my new Years resolution to loose weight! 

Two weeks ago we ereased our whole board off investigators becuase no one was progressing and we started from ground zero....... it has been really hard and a test of my faith. We have knocked on so many doors and have gotten so many "Nos"´. only a few people let us in this week......aka 4 and 3 of those people afterwards said we cant come back because they were just being nice to let us in.

But, its all good! The work continues and we will continue! We did get to teach another english class of about 30 people. It was really cool! its an english immersion school and I am really impressed how well they speak after a couple weeks! 

I hope you all had a great week! And, please, remember the missionaries in your prayers (especially me) Mission life is hard. :) 


Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment