Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Brasil: week 47 - Plan of Action

Well, just to inform you about how freaking hot it is (While the rest of you are enjoying the wonders of winter...) it was exactly 97 degrees last night. Yes, 97 AT NIGHT!!! Just imagine what it was like during the day.... really hot. Well, obviously neither Sister Serre or I were able to sleep at all with just a little fan. Its going to be a long summer... vshhhhh..

We had an activity, called "Rei do Bolo" and people brought a cake that they had to sell. And the people that didnt bring a cake were judges. It was a lot of fun! We have a lot of good sellsmen in our ward!! Sister Serre and I made cupcakes with maple frosting. Maple flavoring doesnt exist here in Brasil so people thought it was the coolest thing ever. We would have won, obviously, but we made the activity:)

Lilian got baptized this week!!!!!! It was amazing!!!!!! I dont think I have ever told about her story so here it is.

The Lilian story really is a miracle! We made a "Plan of Action" and promise to make contacts, asking the Lord to put people prepared on our way. The same day, we were walking down the street and saw Lilian coming out of her house. We ran to make a contact and she invited us to come back. We realize that Lilian looked at us in a different way, as if she were expecting something. During the first visit, she told us that her daughter had died one year ago. We taught "The Plan of Salvation" and she told us that the same day we made a contact with her, she said a prayer asking the Lord to show the right path. We had invited her many times to be baptized but she always said not now. Well, she finally decided she wanted to be baptized January 16. The one year aniversary of her daughters death. She wanted to make that day a happy day in some way. No doubt, I know that her daughter was helping us because everything was perfect, coincidences just dont happen. God hears and answers our prayers. He loves us and uses us to show this love for His children here on earth. It was a great privilege to be part of her story and I know that Miracles happen !!!

I hope you all have a great week! Keep sharing the gospel and blessing lives


P.S, Well, its getting to the end of my mission (About 100 more days) so I just wanted to warn all of you to NOT send me packages. I know that a ton of you have so many packages that you want to send me. hahah. NOT! But you can totally still send me letters!!!!! Dont forget about me!!!!


Brazil Piracicaba Mission
Av. Dr. Paulo de Morais, 555
Center
13400-853 Piracicaba - SP

Sister Aubrey Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment