Monday, February 23, 2015

Brasil: Week 51 - Daylight Savings

So, we got a call from our Zone Leaders Saturday night and that daylight saving has ended and we get one more hour of sleep. Obviously everyone is super happy! So, we changed all of our watches..;.......Well, Sunday morning I woke up, feeling like it was 6:30 (Our alarm didnt go off.....) but it was EXTREMELY Bright outside.... I was like..... what time is it} I looked at my watch and it said 8:30.. I dont believe it! Then, I looked at our phone that was totally wrong and said it was 20:30 then I looked at Sister Rufos watch that said 7:30. I was like, this can not be happening! I ran to the others sisters and their phone said 6:30..... then we ALL started going crazy trying to figure out what time it was. We called the other sisters and they started freaking out too becaseu they didnt know. Then we called our Zone Leaders and they were like... Sister, its 6:30. Didnt you listen to what we said yesterday} hahah QUE ASSUSTO!!!!!! 

So, I got a new companion and her name is Sister Rufo from Tocantins. I am really good at geography but I had no idea where Tocantins was..... Go try to find it :) Tocantins is pretty new and only has 26 years as a state and my companion is the oldest person born in Tocantins because she is 26! How cool!

Three cool things happened this week

#1. We were walking in the street and this little kid on a bike was like "hey, can you come visit me and my grandma right now because I really realy want a bible. I am going to church but I dont have a bible" Cutest kid ever! We went to his house and taught him and his grandma. I have never seen a 7 year old kid so queit and attentive during a lesson in my life. He read some scriptures for us and also said the closing prayer! I was so cool! We promised we would come back and bring him his bible and he got super excited!

#2. We taught about the restoration with a family and at the end we gave them a book of Mormon and the mom started to get emotional. She was like, a long time ago I worked with a guy that was really nice and always talked about his church and before I left that job he gave me a Book from his church that I never read. And now, the same exact Book is in my hands again. I will not miss my opportunity now. God has given me a second chance and I dont want to loose it." Woah! That was seriously the coolest moment ever. Sometimes we share the gospel with people and nothing happens but what we say and how we act will mark them forever.

#3. We knocked doors on this one street and the first door let us in she loved our message and we asked if she knew anyone that would like to hear a message about hope and the love of Christ and she said that the neighbor down the street would love it. So, we went there and shared a message with her neighbor. We asked the same question at the end and she pointed to another neighbor and we went there and that neighbor pointed towards another neighbor. It was soooo cool to have that happen! Reference train!

This week in our District meeting, our District leader said something really mindblowing that I HAD to share. He was talking about our purpose as missionaries and how we need to be the best missionary we can be and always be obedient, always diligent, always always always 100%. Then he told us to think of a ton of super heros. All these heros are normal people but when the time comes they put on their suit and become super! But, Superman is different. He is the only superhero that wakes up as superman and has to put on normal clothes to be Clark Kent. Isnt that cool} We need to be like that everyday of our lives. Are we waking up as someone normal and only when we need to we become super or do we wake up super} 

Have a SUPER week!!!!!!!!!
 
Sister Keeler

No comments:

Post a Comment